Chocolate Pecan Pie
4 ounces Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar
2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups pecan halves
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust, store-bought or homemade
- Heat oven to 325°F. In double boiler over hot water, melt chocolate and butter.
- In large bowl with electric mixer or whisk, beat eggs, corn syrup, sugar, vanilla and salt until blended; beat in chocolate mixture. Stir in pecans; pour into pie crust.
- Place pie on baking sheet on middle rack of oven; bake about 55 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely at room temperature.
- Cut pie into 8 wedges; serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- For homemade piecrust, in large bowl, stir together 1 cup all-purpose flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces.
- With 2 knives or pastry cutter, cut butter into flour until it is the size of small peas. Add 2 tablespoons very cold water; stir quickly with fork until dough comes together, adding up to 2 more tablespoons water if dough looks too dry. (Be careful not to add too much water, or dough will be tough.)
- Form into ball, flatten slightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before rolling.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough into 14-inch circle.
- Line 9-inch pie pan with dough, cut away excess dough and crimp edge of pie crust. Prick bottom of pie crust all over with fork.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 1 day or freeze up to 1 month before using.