Almond Butter Bites
No baking. 15 mins prep time.
1/4 cup raw, creamy almond butter (you can use any nut butter of your choice)
1 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
1 tablespoon granulated non-GMO erythritol (natural sweetener)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
4 oz (1/2 cup) Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
2 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a small mixing bowl, mix coconut flour and erythritol until combined and no lumps remain. Add almond butter and stir through until well incorporated. Add vanilla.
- Scoop (or spoon!) out enough almond mix to form 1-inch rounds. Work quickly to avoid melting them, and if they become too soft just pop them in the freezer for 10 minutes before carrying on.
- Set in the freezer to harden for at least 30 minutes.
- In a double boiler, gently heat chocolate chips and coconut oil until melted and glossy, stirring occasionally.
- Remove almond butter bites from the freezer. Using a fork dip each almond ball into the melted chocolate. Set on a sheet of parchment paper to dry.
- Put almond butter bites back into the freezer and chill for 10 minutes, or until firm.
- Enjoy immediately, or store covered in the fridge or freezer. 1/4 cup raw, creamy almond butter (you can use any nut butter of your choice)
These bon bons are seriously sweet, so add a bit of salt to offset, if that’s your preference. And to add some extra creaminess, increase your butter to 10 tablespoons.