Ghirardelli Chocolate-Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
10-11 mins per batch of cookies
COOKIES1 cup (8 oz.) unsalted butter, softened 1 cup granulated sugar 1 cup packed light brown sugar 1 cup creamy peanut butter 2 large eggs 1 tsp. vanilla extract 3 cups (about 12 3/4 oz.) all-purpose flour 1 tsp. baking soda ½ tsp. baking powder ½ tsp. kosher salt FILLING1 (12-oz.) pkg. Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips ¼ cup heavy cream 2 Tbsp. salted butter1 (11-oz.) pkg. Ghirardelli Grand Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- Prepare the Cookies: Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter with a heavy-duty stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment on medium speed until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until incorporated after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, beating on low speed just until blended and smooth. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Scoop dough into balls using a 1-inch cookie scoop (about 1/2 tablespoon); place 2 inches apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Press your thumb or the end of a wooden spoon into center of each ball, forming an indentation. (Keep unused dough chilled while baking cookies.)
- Bake, in batches, in preheated oven until lightly browned, 10 to 11 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes; transfer to wire racks. Lightly press your thumb into indentations again while cookies are warm to reinforce shape. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Prepare the Filling: Place Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips, heavy cream, and butter in a medium-size microwavable bowl, and microwave on MEDIUM (50%power) until melted and smooth, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Let stand 15 minutes. Transfer mixture to a piping bag or a heavy-duty ziplock bag with 1/2 inch snipped from 1 corner. Pipe Filling into indentation in each cookie (about 1 teaspoon per cookie). Press 3 Ghirardelli Grand Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips into Filling of each cookie. Let stand until chocolate Filling is firm, about 1 hour.