Easter Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
This product is currently not available.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line two muffin pans with paper liners; set aside.
- Into a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs and sugar on medium speed for one minute.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the vanilla, oil and buttermilk.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture in three parts alternating with the liquids; beat until combined after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Divide the batter evenly between the cups so that each is two thirds full. Bake rotating halfway until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 15-18 minutes.
- Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler; stir occasionally until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the cocoa and boiling water. Let both the chocolate and the cocoa mixture cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, sugar, and salt on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add the chocolate on low speed, and then beat in the cocoa mixture.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Let frosting set for five minutes.
- Decorate the cupcakes by placing a Ghirardelli Chocolate Square on top of the frosting.
|2 cups||All-purpose flour|
|1 1/2 teaspoons||Baking powder|
|3/4 teaspoon||Baking soda|
|1 1/3 cups||Granulated sugar|
|1 tablespoon||Vanilla extract|
|3/4 cup||Vegetable oil|
|1 bag (10 oz)||Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips|
|2 tablespoons||Ghirardelli 100% Unsweetened Cocoa Powder|
|1/4 cup||Boiling water|
|3/4 cup||Butter, unsalted, softened|
|1/4 cup||Confectioner's sugar|
We also love these...