4 ounces Ghirardelli 100% Cacao Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Bar
16 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup(s) flour
12 Ghirardelli Dark & Mint SQUARES™ chocolates
1/4 cup crushed candy canes (about 4 small)
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray 9" square baking pan with cooking spray; dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- In double boiler over hot water, melt chocolate and butter.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In large bowl with electric mixer or whisk, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla, peppermint extract and salt until combined.
- Beat in chocolate mixture; gently stir in flour.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until knife inserted into brownies comes out clean.
- Arrange mint squares on top in one layer; place brownies in oven 1 minute.
- Spread melted mint squares with spatula to frost brownies evenly; sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- Cool completely; cut into 16 squares.
Tip: Cut brownies into 36 squares. Place each mini-brownie in paper candy cup.
You may also like ...