Flourless Chocolate Brownies
1 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup whole almonds (or 2/3 cup almond flour)
1/3 cup brown rice flour
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into chunks
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F with a rack in the lower third of the oven.
- Line the pan across the bottom and up two sides with parchment paper.
- If using whole almonds, add them to a food processor with the rice flour and pulse until nuts are finely ground. If using almond flour, mix it with the rice flour. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate, butter and salt in the top of a large double boiler over barely simmering water.
- Stir frequently until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove the bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the almond and rice flour mixture and stir until moistened, and then mix briskly, about 40 strokes.
- Stir in the walnuts or pecans if using.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until the brownies are slightly puffed all over and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out moist but clean.
- Cool the pan on a rack.
- Run a knife along the unlined sides of the pan to detach the brownies.
- Lift the edges of the parchment paper to remove the brownies. Cut into squares.
- You can substitute Ghirardelli Bittersweet 60% Chocolate Chips with 1 1/2 bar of Ghirardelli Bittersweet 60% chocolate, broken into small pieces.
Assorted Chocolate Bag of SQUARES for Gifts 80 pc