Ultimate Double Chocolate Cookies
|12 ounces||Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips|
|10 ounces||Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips|
|6 tablespoons||Butter, unsalted|
|1/3 cup||All-purpose flour|
|1/2 teaspoon||Baking powder|
|1 cup||Walnuts, chopped|
This information is approximate and for informational purposes only. The nutrition information will vary based on the individual ingredients used and does not account for any "optional" or "substitution" ingredients
- In double boiler over hot water, melt bittersweet chocolate chips and butter.
- In large bowl with electric mixer or whisk, beat eggs and sugar until thick; stir into chocolate mixture.
- In small bowl, stir together flour and baking powder; stir into chocolate mixture.
- Gently mix in semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Using a sheet of plastic wrap, form dough into two logs, each 2 inches in diameter and about 12 inches long. As dough will be quite soft, use plastic wrap to hold dough in log shape.
- Wrap tightly; refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Unwrap dough; with sharp knife, cut into 3/4 inch slices.
- Place slices 1 1/2 inches apart on greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until shiny crust forms on top but interior is still soft. Cool on baking sheet; store in airtight tin up to 1 week (if all of these delicious double chocolate cookies aren't eaten before then!)
72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Premium Baking Chips are made with top quality cocoa beans and real vanilla extract - perfect for any baking or snacking experience. Ghirardelli makes life a bite better.
100% Cacao Unsweetened Chocolate Chips are made with top quality cocoa beans and no added sugar - perfect for any baking or cooking experience. Ghirardelli makes life a bite better.