Makes 32 cupcakes
Prep: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
3/4 cup Ghirardelli® Premium Baking Cocoa, unsweetened
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1. For cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°. Line a mini-muffin pan with mini cupcake liners.
2. In a medium bowl, combine Ghirardelli® Premium Baking Cocoa, flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Whisk together and set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, making sure each is fully incorporated before adding the next.
3. Beat in half of cocoa powder mixture, then sour cream, then remaining cocoa powder mixture. Fill each mini muffin cup 3/4 full with batter. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Cool in the pan 5 minutes before transferring cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. For frosting: In the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the cream cheese, and pumpkin puree until combined. Add sugar and beat for five minutes until light and fluffy.
5. Frost mini cupcakes and serve immediately.