Raspberry Chocolate Parfaits
3 cups heavy whipping cream, separated
4 large egg yolks
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons Chambord or favorite liqueur (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
6 ounces (1⁄2 cup) Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
1 cup raspberry jam
1 pint raspberries for garnish (optional)
- Make custard: Heat 3/4 cup cream in a saucepan until hot. Whisk together yolks and sugar in a metal bowl until combined. Add hot cream in a slow stream, whisking until combined. Return mixture to saucepan and cook over moderately low heat, stirring constantly, until the temperature reaches 160° on a candy thermometer. If you don’t have a candy thermometer, cook approximately 10 minutes until the mixture reaches the thickness and consistency of custard. Stir in Chambord or vanilla extract and set aside.
- Place Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt carefully in the microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth. Whisk custard into chocolate until smooth. Refrigerate to cool for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Beat 1 1/4 cups cream in a bowl with an electric mixer until it just holds stiff peaks. Whisk one fourth of beaten cream into the chocolate custard to lighten, and then fold in remaining cream.
- Spoon mousse into eight 6-ounce stemmed glasses or ramekins. Gently tap the dish on a folded kitchen towel to force our air bubbles so the mousse will settle in the dish. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Whip remaining cup of heavy cream and confectioners’ sugar to stiff peaks. Spread about 2 tablespoons raspberry jam on top of chocolate mousse and top with whipped cream. Garnish with fresh raspberries.
Prep: 45 minutes
Bake: 15 minutes
Chill: 1 hour 30 minutes