4 cups Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers
8 small water balloons
8 ounces Ghirardelli Classic White Baking Chips
4 tablespoons orange Liqueur
2 tablespoons water
1 ¼ cup heavy cream
2 egg whites
- In double boiler over hot water, melt 2 cups of wafers. Cool about 5 mins.
- Inﬂate balloons to 4” diameter; knot. Holding balloons by knot, dip into melted product, tipping to cover balloon halfway up. Place balloon, knotted side up, on wax paper-lined baking sheet, holding balloon in place until it starts to set. Repeat with remaining balloons to make 8 cups. Place in freezer 5 mins. Melt remaining 2 cup of wafers and repeat dipping procedure; place in freezer for 10 mins.
- Snip hole in each balloon to deﬂate; carefully peel away from dessert cups. Refrigerate until needed. Use the same day. Fill cups with ice cream, sorbet, mousse or fresh fruit such as raspberries or strawberries into dessert cups.
- In double boiler over hot water, melt white chips with liqueur and water; stir gently to blend. Cool until melted white chips mixture no longer feels warm to the touch.
- In large bowl with electric mixer, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold cream into melted white chip mixture. In large bowl with clean mixer, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. With rubber spatula, fold egg whites into white chips mixture.
- Divide mousse among 6 dessert bowls or glasses. Chill at least 1 hour.
Replace products used in the recipe with the Dark Melting Wafers bag.