Manager - Ghirardelli Square Manufactory
Restaurant & Retail
San Francisco, CA
General Manager/Area Manager
Full-time | Exempt
To uphold the integrity and promote the image of Ghirardelli through effective management of store operations and guest services. Work closely with Shop Personnel, General Manager, Area Manager, and appropriate Corporate Personnel to obtain optimum performance and brand recognition.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Develop, through the proper usage of Leadership Techniques, Chocolateers and Supervisors.
- Ensure the well-being of Shop Personnel through effective management of safety issues and protocols.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization by following company standards of team building and recognition.
- Establish and effectively control Daily Store Activities/Priorities.
- Uphold the values of Exemplary Customer Service through the modeling of behavior and establishing appropriate guidelines.
- Maintain high standards of Cleanliness and Food/Product Safety.
- Monitor the integrity of the inventory control systems by working with Vendors, Merchandising, Sales and Accounting.
- Proper usage of the MICROS systems in all its functionalities including Payroll, Inventory Management, COGS and Customer Service.
- Monitor sales and labor issues on a daily basis with a goal to maximize profitability without sacrificing customer service.
- Work in conjunction with General Manager, Regional Managers and Accounting Department to maintain P&L for the store.
- Maximize efficiency in the store through the usage of Daily Store Audits.
- Work in tandem with General Manager to establish store plans that are attainable and growth oriented.
- Perform Inventories of goods by following time tables established by corporation.
- Maintain Inventory levels at optimum efficiency through order placement via vendors and appropriate corporate personnel.
- Respond in a timely manner to all avenues of Customer/Guest Services.
- Monitor the performance levels of the shop through statistical analysis of all appropriate reports.
Selection and Development
- Perform basic Human Resources functions of payroll, scheduling, selection, interviewing and hiring under the auspices of the General Manager and the Human Resources Department.
- Develop shop personnel through the Performance Improvement Process and the pay for Performance Guidelines.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Team building skills of empathy, building of self-esteem, motivational techniques and empowerment.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Computer literacy preferable in MICROS, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Office Manager.
- Analytical ability for statistics and forecasting.
- Knowledge of POS systems
Education & Work Experience
- AA or BA Degree preferred, a minimum of a HS Diploma required
- 1 to 3 years of related experience in the restaurant or retail field in a managerial role required.
- Experience managing a high volume quick casual establishment preferred
- Rare to Occasional ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to travel to various locations across the country
Ghirardelli Chocolate Manufactory
900 North Point (Ghirardelli Square)
San Francisco, CA 94109