General Manager - Orlando
Restaurant & Retail
Eastern Regional Manager
Full-time | Exempt
To uphold the integrity and promote the image of Ghirardelli through effective management of store operations and guest services. Work closely with Shop Personnel, Regional Managers and appropriate Corporate Personnel to obtain optimum performance and brand recognition.
Only qualified candidates whose resumes are submitted by the closing date will be considered for this position. Relocation within the continental United States is available for very well qualified candidates. There is no sponsorship available for this position.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Develop through the proper usage of Leadership Techniques shop Assistant Manager and Supervisors.
- Ensure the well-being of Shop Personnel through effective management of safety issues and protocols.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization by following company standards of team building and recognition.
Restaurant & Retail Operations
- Establish and effectively control Daily Store Activities/Priorities.
- Uphold the values of Exemplary Customer Service through the modeling of behavior and establishing appropriate guidelines.
- Maintain high standards of Cleanliness and Food/Product Safety.
- Monitor the integrity of the inventory control systems by working with Vendors, Merchandising, Sales and Accounting.
- Proper usage of the MICROS systems in all its functionalities including Payroll, Inventory Management, COGS and Customer Service.
- Monitor sales and labor issues on a daily basis with a goal to maximize profitability without sacrificing customer service.
- Work in conjunction with Regional Managers, General Manager and Accounting Department to maintain the established P&L for the store.
- Work with Regional Managers and General Manager to establish store plans that are attainable and growth oriented.
- Perform Inventories of goods by following time tables established by corporation
- Maintain Inventory levels at optimum efficiency through order placement via vendors and appropriate corporate personnel.
- Respond in a timely manner to all avenues of Customer/Guest Services.
- Monitor the performance levels of the shop through statistical analysis of all appropriate reports.
Selection and Interviewing
- Perform basic Human Resources functions of payroll, scheduling, selection, interviewing and hiring under the auspices of the Human Resources Department.
- Develop shop personnel through the Performance Improvement Process and the pay for Performance Guidelines.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Team building skills of empathy, building of self-esteem, motivational techniques and empowerment.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Computer literacy preferable in MICROS, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Office Manager.
- Analytical ability for statistics and forecasting.
- Knowledge of POS systems.
Education & Work Experience
Prior Restaurant Management experience is required. A minimum of 3 years at a managerial level for a casual serve dining or higher establishment is required. A minimum of a High School graduate education is required. Applicant must be able to work in the U.S.
- Ability to travel to various locations across the country
- Spends 30% of time on administrative functions using basic office equipment
- Spends 70% of time on salesfloor
Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop
1710 E. Buena Vista Dr., Bldg. 7
Orlando, FL 32830