Operations Supervisor - Great Mall
Restaurant & Retail
General Manager/Area Manager
Part-time, Full-time, Seasonal/Temp | Non-Exempt
To uphold the integrity and promote the image of Ghirardelli through effective management of store operations and guest services while working with the General Manager. Work closely with Shop Personnel and Salaried Shop Management to obtain optimum performance and brand recognition.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Develop, through the proper usage of Leadership Techniques the Chocolateers.
- Set example for all hourly employees by following Company guidelines, protocols, and best practices
- Ensure the well being of Shop Personnel through effective management of safety issues and protocols.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization by following company standards of team building and recognition.
- Establish and effectively control Daily Store Activities/Priorities.
- Uphold the values of Exemplary Customer Service through the modeling of behavior and establishing appropriate guidelines.
- Maintain high standards of Cleanliness and Food/Product Safety.
- Monitor the integrity of the inventory control systems by working with the Assistant and/or General Manager on the training of Chocolateers on proper inventory control procedures.
- Proper usage of the MICROS systems in all its functionalities including Payroll, Inventory Management, COGS and Customer Service when deemed appropriate by the Assistant and/or General Manager.
- Monitor sales and labor issues on a daily basis with a goal to maximize profitability without sacrificing customer service.
- Work in tandem with Assistant and/or General Manager to establish store plans.
- Perform Inventories of goods by following time tables established by corporation.
- Maintain Inventory levels at optimum efficiency through order placement via vendors and appropriate corporate personnel under the auspices of the Assistant and/or General Manager.
- Respond in a timely manner to all avenues of Customer/Guest Services.
- Satisfy each Guest using both verbal and non-verbal communication in a positive manner during the entire course of the transaction
- Process purchases according to Company guidelines and protocols
- Bag purchases according to Company guidelines and Guest requirements
- Entice Guests and increase Check Transactions utilizing Up-sell techniques
- Effective management of all cash handling and credit card processing procedures utilizing Company Procedures and best practices
Stocking and Pre-packing
- Assemble various proprietary retail items per the Recipe Guidelines
- Maintain adequate supply of all retail product both on the sales floor and in back stock
- Ensure all product is appropriately priced and signed per Company Guidelines and State/Local Weights and Measurements requirements
- Maintain sales floor and products to Company Standards of cleanliness, arrangement, and display
- Utilize Company Best Practices of Guest Satisfaction by working with Guests on the sales floor and the restaurant area
- Maintain detailed knowledge of all products, pricing, and Company History
- Utilize knowledge of products and pricing to satisfy guest inquiries and create up-sell opportunities
- Maintain professional in all inquiries and encounters with Guests
- Utilize the approved Company Protocol when answering the shop phone
- Assist Co-workers, Supervisor, and Management in providing superior Guest Service
- Gift-wrap as needed items for sale per Company Guidelines and Standards
- Offer samples of approved product to all Guests
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Team building skills of empathy, building of self-esteem, motivational techniques and empowerment.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Computer literacy preferable in MICROS, Excel, Outlook, and Office Manager.
- Analytical ability for statistics and forecasting.
- Basic math computation skills relevant to the requirements of the position
- Strong oral and written communication skills relevant to the requirements of the position
- Verbal and Written English language skills at a minimum of an 8th grade equivalent
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to work with a diverse work team and meet adversity with professionalism
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Knowledge of POS systems
- A Propensity to provide Superior Guest Service
- Maintain smile and pleasant demeanor
- The ability to properly communicate both upwards and downwards with professionalism and respect for the individual
Education & Work Experience
- HS Diploma and 1 to 2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ghirardelli Outlet Shop
189 Great Mall Drive
Milpitas, CA 95305