Supply Chain Director – Demand & Supply Planning
Corporate Headquarters - San Leandro, CA
VP of Operations
Full-time | Exempt
NOTE: In order to be considered for employment interested candidates MUST submit their resume electronically to https://www.gccweb.ghirardelli.com/jobs
*Please note when applying for this role online:
- Use Internet Explorer only
- Once you click the apply button, you will be redirected to a list of our positions.
- All positions are listed in alphabetical order. Please locate your position and click apply again.
- Lastly skip over the section where it says ‘Select any relevant skills you may have’ (unfortunately this section is not working with our system, and we are working to fix it)
An important link in the end to end supply chain, the Supply Chain Director – Demand & Supply Planning (DSP) is primarily responsible for leading the teams and processes that generate the best possible Demand and Supply plans to deliver the Ghirardelli business objectives. Additionally, this role will lead our S&OP transformation as the impassioned leader and functional guide of our multi-year planning transformation initiative: Project BIG (Business Integration at Ghirardelli). To be successful, the person filling this role will be an excellent cross-functional collaborator with strong influencing skills, a thought leader in Supply Chain Planning and has the ability to empower and develop their team member.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Lead the Demand Planning function for the company *
- Lead the Supply Planning function for the company *
- Lead Project BIG Transformation Project *
- Lead the implementation of the new demand planning process and tools
- Lead the design and implementation of the new S&OP processes and tools that will serve this fast-growing, highly seasonal premium consumer goods business.
- Lead the design and implementation of the new Supply Planning process and tools
- Recruit and develop subordinate roles needed to support new processes
- Once developed and implemented, lead on-going processes including working directly with business management team to make trade-off decisions.
- May include other projects or tasks, as assigned.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain Planning (tools & processes) *
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/projects.*
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills*
- Strong presentation skills.*
- Demonstrated experience in managing and developing Manager-level staff*
- Strong computer literacy in MS Office and integrated systems*
- Strong cross functional collaboration skills, and the ability to develop strong relationships with team and others in the organization in order to gain support and achieve results.*
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor degree. Supply Chain, Business, Economics or related field of study. MBA preferred.*
- Supply chain and business process development and change management.*
- Food Manufacturing/CPG experience preferred.
- John Galt and JDE Edwards systems experience preferred.
- 10+ years of Supply Chain Experience
- Works primarily in an office environment
- May be subject to travel for meetings/training*
- Regular communication with internal and/or external customers*