Production Worker Specialist
Corporate Headquarters - San Leandro, CA
Reports to Production Supervisor
Full-time | Non-Exempt
Ghirardelli Chocolate Company is hiring Production Worker Specialists for our San Leandro, CA, manufacturing facility.
The Production Worker Specialist is responsible for the production and manufacturing of quality Ghirardelli food and confection products.
This is a Union position and some positions may be assigned as back up machine operators.
Scope of Responsibilities
This is an entry level position. The position has two main functions, packaging and palletizing 50 lbs. of finished product and dumping 130 lbs. sacks of cocoa beans. In packaging the person seals and palletizes a box or bag that has been automatically filled with 50 lbs. of chocolate chips. A box is taped shut while a bag must be sewn shut. The person is responsible for proper seal, neatly stacked pallet, code dates on the package, pallet tickets and production reports.
Dumping beans the person must be capable of driving a fork truck, manipulating 130 lbs. beanbags, and tracking weights and variety of beans dumped. Pallets of beans are picked up by fork truck, weighed, placed next to bean pit, bags of beans slid off pallet, cut and dumped into the pit. Both jobs require end of shift clean up.
This job requires heavy stock handling.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- 1+ years of food or pharmaceutical production or manufacturing experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
- Fluent in reading, writing, and comprehending English
- Must be able to pass a 50 lbs sustained lift test, background check, and drug screen
- Must be available for a flexible work schedule - Swing schedule or Grave Shift
- Good Technical aptitude is a plus
- Must be comfortable with computers