Corporate Headquarters - San Leandro, CA
Vice President of Operations
Full-time | Exempt
An important contributor to supply chain success, the Industrial Engineer (IE) Identifies and leads value improvement and waste elimination projects. Additionally, this role is responsible for developing and maintaining labor standards for production and may lead trials for new product introductions or process improvements. The IE may manage one or more direct reports. A critical link to success in this role is to be self-directed and to have the ability to influence at all levels in the organization, including cross-functionally.
This position, by ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, is responsible for recommending, developing, implementing and managing safety, quality and food safety on all product lines.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Generates and maintains labor standards for all operations, reports on efficiency and utilization based on standards. Establish Budget standards for yearly budget cycle.
- Main contact for feasibility and labor costs for new product launches with strong linkage to the Project Management team
- Validate bill of materials and create product routings.
- Give recommendations to Marketing, Purchasing and/or R&D department(s) regarding efficient product designs.
- Performs Methods Engineering analysis including process design, time and motion study, and production line balancing.
- Conduct labor studies to identify labor usage variances and improvement opportunities.
- Facilitate production trials for new products launches and/or process changes.
- Monitor efficiency waste performance and recommend improvements through procedural and/or equipment changes.
- Facilitate development of training procedures for new and existing processes.
- Identify and drive improvement projects through Pareto and Flow charting, root cause analysis, gap analysis, bottleneck studies and other tools
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to be self-directed and exhibit leadership at many different levels of the organization, including cross-functionally
- Manage and mentor Industrial Engineering staff
- Weekend Manager support as needed
- Effectively supervise, develop and oversee projects of direct reports with the goal to enhance employee development.
- Responsible for regular career and performance discussions with direct reports.
Regular and prompt attendance required*
May include other projects or tasks, as assigned*
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related technical or business oriented field
- 3-5 years’ experience in the field of Industrial Engineering with significant manufacturing experience
- Experience in food manufacturing a plus
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma concepts
- Experience with ERP integrated systems (e.g. JD Edwards, Oracle)
- Knowledge regarding all elements of the Operations (Warehousing, Transportation, Procurement, Packaging, Manufacturing, Quality and Production Planning)
- Food manufacturing environment/Office environment
- Potential for very warm or very cold working environment/depending on area of assignment.
- Interfacing with various manufacturing equipment and office computer equipment
- Regular communication with direct reports and internal and/or external customers
- Rare and occasional, must be able to lift up to 50 pounds