Enterprise Information Systems Analyst
Corporate Headquarters - San Leandro, CA
Enterprise Information Systems Manager
Full-time | Exempt
With the growth of the Ghirardelli Chocolate Company there is a new and exciting opportunity for an Enterprise Information Systems Analyst. This person will play a key role in providing application analysis and support to business users, and developing and implementing new applications and capabilities to support future growth.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Support end users with enterprise applications; resolve software, configuration, and reporting issues for designated IT applications.
- Administer multiple SQL Servers with DBA tasks and activities, monitor and improve performance and availability.
- Administer enterprise applications, monitor and improve systems performance, troubleshoot and resolve application related issues.
- Work as a key resource in cross-functional projects to develop and implement new applications, data integration packages, and reports.
- Provide detailed documentation about business processes and support procedures.
Because of the diversity of the current software landscape and because of the evolution of the future landscape, the EI Systems Analyst will be expected to constantly expand his/her knowledge and learn the technical characteristics of the existing and future systems.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- The ability to understand business requirements and collaborate in finding technical solutions
- Very strong ability to work with a project oriented attitude, i.e. ability to define and follow clear tasks and deadlines and to work in cross-functional teams
- Advanced experience with SQL server administration, T-SQL query language, and database design
- Experience with ETL using Cognos Data Manager or Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services
- Experience with developing reports using Cognos, SSRS, or similar reporting tools
- Experience with Web development, HTML, ASP.Net, Sharepoint and IIS administration
- Extensive experience using and supporting Windows XP/7, Server 2003/2008, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ideally 2 to 4 years of experience supporting an ERP application such as JD Edwards, Oracle, PeopleSoft
- Ability to apply analysis and creative thinking when solving problems and conflicts
- Skilled at identifying and implementing process improvements
- Familiarity with Information Technology standards and best practices such as ITIL, CMMI, etc.
- Strong verbal and analytical skills
Education & Work Experience
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 3-5 years of relates experience