E-commerce Business Analyst
Restaurant & Retail
Corporate Headquarters - San Leandro, CA
Director of Operations
Full-time | Exempt
This position is responsible for analyzing and working to continually improve the Ghirardelli E-commerce initiatives. This position will be responsible for E-commerce-related content and continually work to boost online sales and improve the online customer experience. This is a highly technical role involving both strategic planning, coordination with developers, and hands-on execution.
Scope of Responsibilities
Business Intelligence and Performance Analytics:
- Help execute and analyze strategy for the growth, vision, and overall health of the Ghirardelli E-commerce and Business Gifts channels.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Operations & Retail Finance Manager to analyze profit and loss (P&L) for all online sales.
- Recommend new opportunities to drive sales, visibility, and efficiencies for the growth of E-commerce channel, including site functionality and design, and third party/vendor effectiveness.
- In conjunction with Director of Operations and the Sales & Customer Service Manager, identify and recommend new opportunities to drive Business to Business and Business Gift sales through a combination of online, telephonic, catalog and in-person marketing efforts.
- Evaluate key performance indicators (KPI) of E-commerce business channels with to monitor trends, performance, and identify any areas of opportunity. This includes, but is not limited to, sales, profits, website analytics, program effectiveness, and overall efficiencies.
- Make ongoing recommendations to improve processes, workflow, and find efficiencies in all sales, marketing, and operations functions within the E-commerce and Business Gift channels.
Tracking and Analysis:
- Develop timely analysis of Ghirardelli sales performance, highlighting key placement performance; and provide insightful learning, implications, and recommendations to help guide management’s business decisions.
- Work with product development and marketing staff to select and forecast appropriate product assortment for online audience, identifying strengths and/or opportunities as they arise.
- Conduct research on Ghirardelli E-commerce competition including, but not limited to, website content and features, online and offline marketing programs.
Websites & Technical
- Partner with Restaurant & Retail Marketing to maintain brand appropriate quality, design, and functionality of the Ghirardelli E-commerce website.
- Partner closely with Marketing Division Digital Brand Manager to maintain overall brand standards within the website and coordinate shared retail and brand marketing objectives.
- Own E-commerce related content on the Ghirardelli website and perform or coordinate all product uploads or updates.
- Work closely with established developer partners to ensure proper site functionality and optimize customer experience.
- Partner with Retail Marketing to develop e-mail content highlighting and promoting online sales.
- Manage Ghirardelli affiliate program and continue to develop affiliate network and expand on current affiliate relationships.
- Manage Ghirardelli PPC advertising, either directly or through established agency relationships.
- Partner with Digital Brand Manager to ensure consistent and effective E-commerce promotions through shared channels such as Pinterest and Facebook.
- Research and implement new online marketing initiatives.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Strategic vision paired with tactical attitude and ability*
- Strong analytical and project management skills*
- Extensive knowledge of current interactive technologies and best practices including web analytics (Adobe or Google), affiliate marketing, PPC & SEO optimization.*
- Experience with Magento Enterprise highly desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills*
- Ability to work individually or lead a team project
Education & Work Experience
- College degree (BA or BS); background in Marketing, Finance, Business, Computer Science, or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience directly managing or marketing a retail web business.
- Occasional travel to Lathrop, CA (E-commerce office) for meetings
- Occasional travel within USA for sales/marketing events