Assistant Marketing Manager
Restaurant & Retail
Corporate Headquarters - San Leandro, CA
Senior Marketing Manager
Full-time | Exempt
To drive and manage key marketing initiatives across assigned stores and venues, as well as support overall marketing within the Restaurant and Retail Division.
Scope of Responsibilities
Drive Local Store Marketing (LSM)
- Drive annual planning, calendar and budget for regular retail stores.
- Continually research and seek out new division-wide initiatives that drive store traffic, average transaction and R&R brand awareness for each store.
- Maintain continuous contact with store managers to discuss new out-of-store opportunities and partnerships within each market.
- Track and analyze current local store initiatives and make recommendations on whether to continue/repeat/stop.
- Manage execution (promotional offers, advertising, creative designs, printing, etc) of local store marketing by partnering with internal cross-functional teams.
- Manage and track LSM budgets for regular retail stores in accordance with activities planned.
Manage Seasonal Marketing
- Work with Senior Marketing Manager to develop seasonal strategies based on long-term division strategy.
- Drive seasonal sales through key product promotions, compelling marketing and sales associate incentives.
- Pull historical store sales data (fountain and retail), as well as leverage current available data, to analyze previous seasons and make recommendations for future seasons based on sound analysis.
- Track, communicate and reward any in-store incentives.
- Work with Sr. Financial Analyst to conduct deep dive analysis as necessary (by store, by SKU, by category) to put together the full seasonal sales story both mid-season and with historical seasonal sales.
- Partner with Product Development Manager to analyze potential seasonal promotional opportunities based on SKU analysis (retail price, inventory, margins, etc.).
- Create and communicate seasonal briefs with key seasonal objectives for the creative team.
- Flawlessly execute seasonal marketing through superior project management both internally with cross-functional teams and externally with vendors (submit timely design requests, manage design process timeline, expedite routing and approval process, ensure timely release to printer, and track production & shipping until delivery at the store level).
- Communicate seasonal marketing to the stores by collaborating on Seasonal Marketing & Merchandising Rollouts and spearheading scheduling of and delivery of information via conference call.
- Track seasonal sales weekly in order to contribute to sales conversations and make recommendations on changes needed in order to maximize sales.
- Be up-to-date on restaurant, retail and food trends in order to brainstorm innovative seasonal marketing.
- Develop keen marketing retail design eye to come up with creative ideas that align with the brand, while driving sales.
- Perpetually compile seasonal inspiration to drive innovative imagery for future seasons.
- Support Sr. Marketing Manager on photo shoots.
General Marketing Responsibilities
- Assist in creating signage, ads and special projects and manage process for creative, budget, printing and distribution – working directly with designers, production manager and outside vendors.
- Responsible for store checks locally to ensure all marketing is in good condition and if not, replacement of any necessary collateral.
- Track and analyze various marketing initiatives - providing observations, conclusions and recommendations.
- Monitor and administer gift card program for all stores (including design, ordering and execution).
- Create marketing presentations as needed.
- Provide direction and support to stores whenever necessary.
- Responsible for all regular retail store visuals ensuring premium look and condition.
- Project manage all marketing/visuals/signage for new store openings to ensure 100% accuracy and timely execution.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Sound decision-making using marketing and company guidelines under limited supervision
- Excellent phone skills and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task, while using good judgment in prioritizing responsibilities
- Flexibility and ability to decisively react to immediate business needs
- Ability to work independently to develop and execute creative, out of the box concepts
- Prior experience in marketing and food industry
- Desire to monitor trends in the food and restaurant category
- Ability to quickly move through different projects, seasons, and sustain high tempo
- Keen understanding of marketing concepts and development
- Computer Literate: Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, Access, JD Edwards, COGNOS
- Basic understanding of Restaurant & Retail Operational Procedures
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with external customers
- Ability to travel to various shop and customer locations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Occasional to Constant Repetitive Fine Manipulation (keyboarding, ten key, writing)
- Rare to Occasional Simple Grasping
- Rare to Occasional ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds
- Occasional to Constant Sitting
- Rare to Occasional Walking
- Occasional twisting of the neck and waist
- Rare to Occasional Reaching at or below the Shoulder level
- Ability to travel to various locations across the country
- Occasional to frequent usage of verbal communication equipment (telephone, radio, cellular)
- Rare to Occasional Squatting/Bending/Stooping