- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line fourteen 1-1/4-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. In a medium saucepan, heat and stir the 1/2 cup Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and the 1/4 cup butter over very low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar. Add egg, beating with a wooden spoon until just combined. Stir in vanilla. In a small bowl, stir together flour, the 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, and the baking powder. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture; stir just until combined. Drop a rounded teaspoon of batter into each prepared muffin cup.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers of brownies comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Carefully transfer brownies to a wire rack; cool.
- For the lemon frosting, in a small bowl, beat the 2 tablespoons softened butter and the 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice. Beat until combined. Beat in enough of the remaining lemon juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make a thick frosting. Using a pastry bag fitted with a star tip, pipe frosting onto each brownie. (Or spoon into a small self-sealing plastic bag. Snip off corner. Pipe frosting onto each brownie.) Chill for 30 minutes.
- For the chocolate glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the 1/3 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and the 1 tablespoon butter. Heat and stir over very low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; stir in the corn syrup. Let cool for 10 minutes. Spoon glaze over tops of chilled brownies. If desired, top with strips of lemon zest.
- Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour or until glaze is set. Enjoy immediately, refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Prep: 25 minutes
Bake: 9 minutes
Chill: 30 minutes
Stand: 1 hour